Tuesday, February 12, 2008

GRAND TARGHEE!!!

Massive amounts of snow. The road were actually closed the whole time we were up there, we were lucky to even get out of there when we did.
See how covered the lift is? Those little chunks of ice are the piece that flew in our faces when we reached the top of the lift. It's like little shards of glass.

This is how Anthony felt the whole trip.





Picture below: this is who foggy it was. you could barley see the chairs two in front or in back of you.

Fifth time for me on the Annual Clark/Leaver Family ski trip. This year we had a great time the snow was amazing. Nice fresh powder every morning. Too bad for Anthony, he loooooves the snow and especially skiing, but he was so sick this trip, so he got a lot of rest instead of play time. The fog was so bad this year that we all experienced a little vertigo. We went up dream catcher and when we got off there were little bits of ice that would fly in our faces.....it was so foggy you couldn't see and way way windy. Does this even sound fun to anyone? Well the snow made up for it.
if you haven't experienced vertigo I don't recommend it,you don't know which way is up or down,the fog is so thick you can't see anything nor can you tell if you are moving or at a complete stop. We all fell many times. The best was when I couldn't see at all and needed to sit down I thought for sure I was stopped so I sat down only to find out I was going very fast, instead I tumbled down a ways.
Overall the trip was a blast. Chip, Becky and I played a lot and had so much fun playing in the powder in the trees.

12 comments:

Paige Holley said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I love the picture of your and Anthony and his beard is one giant ice cycle! Hope you feel better Anthony.

Greg and Carly said...

Ahh, it looks and sounds like you guys had a ton of fun! Sorry, Ants that you were sick :( So, when are we getting together??

I Love Good Grub said...

ah, i'm so jealous. sweet photos. the beav was like that today, foggy and snowy, and it's a blizzard here in l-town right now. love it.

mindy said...

Hey Paige i was just going to say the same thing about that picture! Good photo :) and too bad you were sick, sorry, Anthony. But it looks like so much fun! Vertigo sounds...interesting..

Mandy Wollenzien said...

What a fun family vacation. Sounds cold but fun. Never experienced vertigo. Never knew it could be caused buy Fog. Wow!I like Anthony's icy beard picture.

Greg and Carly said...

Unrelated to this post, but HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! <3 The Moffitts

Wanderingfamilies said...

That pic of the ice-caked beard is AWESOME! Vertigo doesn't sound fun at all...glad you are all safe and had fun!

DE LIMA FAMILY said...

Holy snow! You guys always look like you're having so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

Looking at your pictures made me cold! Poor anthony and his frozen beard. You guys always took the most fun vacations though - totally jealous.

donnajo said...

That looks like so much fun. Have you ever seen Alfred Hitchcock's "vertigo" the movie.... It is chilling also.
I love being out in the snow.

Jonathan Canlas said...

man, your husbands beard is awesome. i'm totally serious.

Amy Buff said...

Ok I love all the bidness on Anthony's beard. Amongst the fun times of the trip I think my favorite would of been watching that sucker defrost...